follow us on




 Coast and Country




Return to General Health







Drug Matters


Drugs Help Line 0300 123 6600

Talk to Frank Website -



There are direct links to helpful websites below this general information. Please click on the link below to go straight there



Information  |  Links


A statutory service provided by the Cornwall Partnership NHS Trust for people with severe drug and alcohol problems. This includes those injecting drugs, pregnant women using substances, those with HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, those requiring in patient services.

Only accessed through your GP or other professional agency, e.g. probation, social services etc.

CDAT offers.

  • Advice and information
  • Telephone helpline (10am - 12.30pm) for existing clients only
  • Substitute prescribing
  • Home detoxification
  • Psychotherapy
  • Specialist help during pregnancy
  • Hepatitis C clinic
  • Access to out of county rehabilitation services.

Services are provided by:-

General Practitioner (GP) - Primary Healthcare Practices.

GPs provide a great deal of physical and mental health care, either in the short term prescribing of antidepressants or anxiolytics or in simple listening to people's emotional problems. Patients may turn to their GP for help with substance misuse issues and the doctor can make referrals to the relevant agencies.

The Psychiatrist.

A qualified medical doctor who has gone onto specialise in psychiatry and usually has Consultant Psychiatrist status. Some psychiatrists are also trained Psychotherapists and can implement a planned programme of care that does not necessarily revolve around medication. They work with other specialist doctors.

Clinical Assistants.

These are doctors that come into run the specific sessions that address assessment and treatment. They also deal with medically related conditions such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and testing for HIV.

A Clinical Psychologist.

Their work includes testing for levels of IQ and evidence of deep-seated mental health problems.

Substance Misuse Therapist.

This person is experienced in a range of disciplines other than nursing, e.g. psychotherapy or counselling. They may be involved in the treatment process and can offer a range of therapies that may help the patient to address issues in their lives that may precipitate their drug use.

A Mental Health Social Worker.

They may support the families and individuals that have been affected by mental health issues. Approved social workers must accompany GPs if a client needs to be sectioned under the Mental Health Act and vice versa.

An Art Therapist.

They work from the basis that a person's fundamental thoughts and feelings are sometimes more easily expressed through images than words. Art is used as a medium to explore issues for the patient.

The Occupational Therapist.

They are trained in various methods of helping people maintain and develop their social skills.

Community Psychiatric Nurses (CPN's)

These are trained nurses who have specialized in mental health and work in the community.




Talk To Frank


The Highs, The Lows

& everything in between


0300 1236600

SMS 82111 web link






4th Floor

Asra House

1 Long Lane

London, SE1 4PG


020 72349730 web link




Families Ananymous


Doddington & Rollo Community Association

Charlotte Despard Avenue


London, SW11 5HD


0845 1200660  web link




Quit Day


Making a plan to quit smoking is the first step to quitting for good.
Take the first step here, and say goodbye to cigarettes forever.


    web link



Stop Smoking


Internet help with information and chat lines for smokers who are trying to quit.

Links to stop smoking.



No Smoking Day  |  Ash






About Us

Contact Us