follow us on

   

 

Cornish Links

Towns and Villages


 

 

Return to A - Z of Towns and Villages

 

 

 

 

 

Blisland

About Blisland  |  Weather


Blisland is situated in the Hundred of Trigg, and in the deanery of Trigg-Minor; It is surrounded by St Breward on the north, Altarnun, St Neot and Temple on the east, Cardinham and Helland on the south, and St Mabyn on the west. The parish is named after an unknown personal name plus 'tun' which means land. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Glustone, here the B has changed to a G. The village lies on the edge of Bodmin Moor about 3 miles North East of the town of Bodmin. It is a hilly area with numerous isolated farms and small unfenced moorland roads. It is primarily farmland and cattle and sheep are grazed on the moorland. In 1934, the parish of Temple was incorporated into Blisland parish.

 

       

Information

 

About Us

Contact Us