follow us on

   

 

Cornish Links

Towns and Villages


 

 

Return to A - Z of Towns and Villages

 

 

 

 

 

Advent

About Advent  |  Weather


The parish of Advent is named after St. Alhawyn or Adwena, by whose name it should rightly be called, but it is known as Advent. It is in the Hundred of Lesneweth and in the Deanery of Trigg-minor. There is no village called Advent. Advent Parish is located in the Hundred of Lesnewith in the North Cornwall district and is situated on the North Western edge of Bodmin Moor. It is bordered to the east by Altarnun and St Cloather, to the south by Brewer and to the West by Morwenstow and the River Camel. In the Domesday survey of 1086, the district was rated under the names Tegleston or Helleston (the two manors are contiguous with the parish).

The area is mainly farmland with some areas of moorland to the east of the parish; the underlying material is granite. It contains the small villages of Treclogoe (Trelogoe), Pencarrow and Tresinney; there are also a number of small hamlets and farmsteads dotted around the parish and a few small streams cross it. A man-made lake, Crowdy Reservoir, lies in the East of the Parish.

   

 

       

Information

 

About Us

Contact Us

Site Map

 

 

All Things Cornish

    

Cornish Shop